An emergency dentist treats sudden dental issues such as severe pain or inflammation. It is essential to contact an emergency dentist with any dental concerns. Some issues can wait, while others require urgent care. Learn more about dental emergencies below and contact us for more information.
Dental Emergency Treatment
- Root Canal
- Tooth Extractions
- Dental Restorations
- Replaces Missing Teeth
- Dental Fillings
- And More
When to Call an Emergency Dentist
It is important to know the signs and injuries that require the services of an emergency dentist.
- Extreme tooth pain is a clear warning sign that requires a quick visit to an emergency dentist to determine the underlying cause of the pain and have it treated.
- Blood flowing from the mouth is a cautious signal of a dental disaster that needs urgent medical care. The emergency dentist treats the gums by hardening them to stop blood loss and also treat the root cause of the bleeding.
- A knocked-out tooth as a result of an accident requires emergency dental treatment as soon as possible to save the tooth from falling out entirely.
- A cracked or a chipped tooth is another dental emergency that may require immediate attention especially if the nerves have been exposed resulting in pain.
- A tooth that is not firmly attached even though it is not aching to avoid tooth loss.
- Inflammation or an infection in the mouth, which shows a sign of swelling on the gum line and sometimes even on the rest of the face. It is essential to visit an emergency dentist immediately since it may be a life threating problem.
- Open soft tissues such as defective nerves which can cause severe toothache and can’t afford delays.
Dental emergencies require urgent attention to properly treat the patient and relieve them of pain. Overall, dental emergencies can happen to anyone. We recommend avoiding them by maintaining great dental hygiene. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily. Also, visit the dentist for routine dental exams and cleanings. Being proactive of your oral health will prevent many dental issues.
Learn more about dental health by scheduling a consultation today. In addition, we offer a wide range of dental treatments such as:
- Dental Exams
- Dental Implants
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Emergency Care
- And More
Call (617) 330-8887 or book an appointment online. Moreover, our dental office is located at 1 International Place 7th Floor Boston, MA 02110. New patients are always welcome and most insurances are accepted.